Feedback is a gift. It should be given as a gift, received as a gift and packaged thoughtfully. Handled well it provides a fantastic opportunity to improve performance and motivation. For many, it is a task either to be put off, or is often not done well, and can have a negative impact on the manager/employee relationship, or on the individual’s performance and motivation.
This 90-minute session is designed to equip anyone with the tools and the confidence to be able to give “difficult” feedback in a way that feels constructive, and does feel like a gift to the recipient.
Specifically, you will learn:
- A really useful definition which helps guide your approach
- Learn about an interesting concept called: “Green dotting” and consider whether you are guilty of “green dotting”, or have been “green dotted” in the past yourself!
- The importance of balancing feedback over time to gain receptivity
- Gain clarity about the purpose of giving feedback- what it is, and what it is not
- Learn a practical 6-point plan for giving constructive feedback
- Have the opportunity to try out the techniques and improve your approach, style and impact.
Led by our Head of Momentum and Executive Learning – Mary Tillson
- + 44 (0) 20 3384 3664