High performing teams think, feel and act differently– the challenge is to create an environment of perpetual personal and professional growth and, as time goes on, continually reinvent the conditions that enable this. In response to this challenge, James Kerr has developed an evidence-based methodology that creates the conditions needed in teams for extraordinary performance.
His process is inclusive, helping leaders and teams to co-create their own high-performance environment through a menu of engaging, empowering and sometimes provocative interventions that cut through to a deepened sense of belonging and commitment.
James Kerr is a writer, speaker and consultant focusing on developing team identity to deliver the best performance. His bestselling book ‘legacy, 15 lessons in leadership’, takes the All Blacks– the world’s most successful rugby team– as a case study for what it takes to develop a world-class, values-based, vision lead, purpose driven, cultural environment. James has worked with leaders and teams in diverse organisations, from operational teams in the British Army and the U.S. Navy to front-line sales managers at Morgan Stanley, HSBC, Oxfam and the NHS.
What is covered
- Understand what a high-performing team is really like beyond the cliché and provide a pathway toward achieving that;
- Help the leadership group bring alive its narrative– Who are you and what are you trying to achieve?;
- Identify priorities and set goals in the short, medium and long term that focus on fulfilment of whatever narrative you identify;
- Further develop the existing ground rules on how the group should operate, setting expectations about behaviour, accountability and delivery;
- Enable the team to have deeper, richer discussions about uncomfortable topics dealing with challenges and conflict constructively;
- Developing a leadership team style in which strategic goals are clear to all, and people are empowered to take tactical decisions.
Value and expected outcomes from James’ High Performing Teams Masterclass
A common cause that is understood and invested into by the wider team. A set of standards and expectations that is signed up to by all parties. An understanding and implementation of the everyday actions required to deliver on the team’s ambitions.
"Team MFL. A true high performance team …" James
- + 44 (0) 20 3384 3664
The feedback from the Googler’s has been off the Richter scale.
James was really able to translate the All Blacks ethos and approach into something very relevant, not just for business generally, but for Roche in particular.