There is a clear and direct link between an organisation’s capacity for innovation and its ability to learn. So why is building a vibrant learning culture on so few CEOs to do list? This masterclass builds upon David Price’s work in his book OPEN, drawing through-line from learning to success, via innovation and engagement. He practices what he preaches by making his masterclass engaging, participatory and empowering. You will leave inspired to make learning the number one priority for your organisation, with the roadmap of how to do it!
David Price OBE has spent a lifetime learning about learning. His performing arts background transitioned into formal education where he was Head of Learning at Sir Paul McCarney’s Institute for Performing Arts. He has spent the past 16 years speaking, writing, advising and training people in formal and work-based learning. Clients have included some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs and most innovative organisations. He was awarded the OBE for services to education by her Majesty the Queen in 2009. His book ‘Open: How We’ll Work, Live and Learn in the Future’ has been an Amazon bestseller since its publication in 2014.
What is covered:
- From Menlo Park to Mountain View– The evidence for learning;
- Going SOFT – the values and actions behind innovative learning environments;
- How to build a ‘Global Learning Commons’ in the workplace;
- Engagement precedes learning – how to redesign your organisational environment to engage employees and transform productivity;
- The social imperative– how to make learning the cornerstone of your organisational culture;
- People powered innovation– maximising capability within your staff;
- What’s next? Making sure your learning advantage becomes sustainable.
Value and expected outcomes:
Clear insight into the characteristics of dynamic learning organisations. Arguments for advocating learning in your organisation. Strategies for maximising engagement and capability within your team. Practical designs to transform learning in the workplace.
"Working with Maria and her team is a real pleasure, because I know they place the integrity of the event experience as paramount." - David
- + 44 (0) 20 3384 3664
“The energy in the room during and after his visit has propelled the group into action, filled with a real desire to be at the forefront of change in the education system here in Ireland.”
University College Dublin
“He is brilliant at galvanising large groups of people from different sectors to unpick current challenges and come up with new approaches and practical solutions to make learning fit for the times.”
Dusseldorf Skills Forum