There is always a reason for behaviour.
The more we understand why people behave the way they do, the easier it is to develop rapport with them, and communicate in a way that connects and engages and the less likely we are to judge or perhaps criticise.
Lack of understanding can cause frustration, which in turn can trigger conflict, and a breakdown in communication, and the relationship can suffer. We typically view the world through our own frame of reference, and expect others to have the same perspective or viewpoint, but how on earth can they? They are not you! They see the world through their own unique lens.
Being able to understand team members, customers, or perhaps our own boss, is an incredibly invaluable skill when it comes to negotiating or influencing, or simply connecting with individuals.
This 90-minute session is designed to help anyone understand why people behave the way they do, and develop a deeper understanding of what makes people tick, particularly, the people we most typically have to interact with on a daily basis.
Specifically, you will learn:
- The brilliant Iceberg Model of human behaviour fully, which explains why we are so different and what drives people to behave the way they do.
- Learn about different personality types and how these influence behaviours.
- Consider how best to communicate and connect with your opposite type
- Identify what you value, in your opposite type, a technique which eases tensions that often arise.
- To consider individuals you haven’t understood before and apply this model against them to develop understanding
- Develop your plan of action to communicate differently as relevant with your team and others
Led by our very own Mary Tillson, Head of Momentum and Executive Learning.
- + 44 (0) 20 3384 3664