Catherine Lubochinsky is the Professor of Economics and Finance at the University of Paris 2, a member of the Cercle des Economistes, a renowned French independent financial think-tank and former President of the European Money and Finance Forum (SUERF).
She is currently a member of the Audit Committee and of the Risk Committee for INED Board of LCH Clearnet SA, President of the Risk Committee for INED Board of Banque Wormser, a member of the Cercle des Economistes (Paris) and a member of the Scientific Board of Unicredit Universities Foundation (Milan).
She has previously been a consultant for the financial stability department of Banque de France, for LIFFE in interest rate derivatives, and for several banks. Catherine has been working on interest rates and derivatives for more than 20 years.
Other previous roles include:
- Member of the College de Supervision de l’ACPR (Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution), Vice-présidente of the Scientific Committee (2015)
- Global Risk Institute in Financial Services, Managing Director, Toronto (2013-2014) Fostering applied and integrated research on emerging/new risks for the financial industry and enhancing cooperation between academics and financial practitioners.
- Former President of The European Money and Finance Forum (2006-2009, reelected 2009-2012) (suerf.org)
- Former Director of the Master in Finance University of Paris 2 (1996-2011)
- Former member of the European Shadow Financial Regulation Committee (2011-2015)
She has written numerous books and articles. Her recent publications cover financial markets, hedge funds, credit risk and volatility. She has also lectured worldwide on tailored courses for financial institutions. Her current research areas are Interest Rates, Financial Markets and Derivatives, Banking, Financial Regulation and Asset Management.
In a volatile world business looks for clues to the future, and as a speaker, Catherine sets out clearly how we can stabilise our system. Her vast academic experience leaves her optimistic about the coming decades and she sees political inputs as being pivotal in sustaining equilibrium in the markets. As a top end finance speaker her strengths lie in the simplicity of her message.
"Working with Wendy #MFL is working with a professional, efficient, responsive and considerate person; ie great experience #what else!"
- + 44 (0) 20 3384 3664